Duties of the Referee Coordinator
The Referee Coordinator oversees the scheduling and management of referees with Westlock during the soccer season (roughly April to June). Main responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain a sufficient pool of qualified referees for each new soccer season.
- Ensure the required number of referees are schedule for each game played on fields in Westlock.
- Coordinate referee training and refresher training as required.
- Maintain a master list of active game officials, their contact information, and levels each referee may officiate.
- Establish monthly schedules for referees and manage schedule changes, swaps, cancellations, and additions.
- Submit to Westlock Soccer Association (WSA) at month-end the list of games played and which refs officiated.
- Serve as a mentor to new and junior referees. Assist in their development to become better officials.
- Act as first point of contact for referees to deal with concerns and questions.
- Report serious offences (Red Cards) to WSA Vice President.
- Work with WSA Vice President to address disciplinary issues involving referees (includes abuse towards referees from players, coaches, or parents).